Monday, October 24, 2011

Choreography in Performance

Title: Choreography in Performance

Statement of Intention:  To explore the performative qualities of live choreography.

Objects: 1 choreographer, 1 performer, 1 audience member.

Direction: The performer takes instruction from the choreographer while the audience member observes the entire process as a performance.

Conclusion:  The performance concludes when the choreographer ends it (between 10 and 15 minutes).

Reflection:  I really enjoyed this assignment.  I worked with Mati as my performer.  He has only been dancing since we began my choreography project, and already I can see just how strong of a performer he will become.  It was interesting having our friend Kate there as our audience member; she had never seen Mati dance and was equally impressed.  I felt the concept of the act of choreography being the performance was interesting and allowed me to see new possibilities in my own work.

No comments:

Post a Comment